Saturday 14 March 2015

Birthday; Work Celebration

At work we have a birthday roster; every time there is a birthday in our area, one of the other people is tasked to get a cake or other celebratory dessert to help celebrate.
When I first signed up to go on the roster I was a bit worried about how much someone would have to spend for a cake for me. I hate burdening people, it is something that I feel very uncomfortable about; so as it got closer to my birthday I reminded my co-worker that they could opt for a Pavlova or even suggested that he buy a traditional cake for the rest of our co-workers and I provide my own gluten free cupcake.

When I got into work today, I received the 'meeting' request for my birthday and as the clock ticked over to two we all piled into the lunch room where there was a box from 'Cupcakes by Paolo'. Now on their website they don't specify that they are able to do cupcakes to cater for allergens however my co-worker was assured that the cupcakes we received were gluten free (the real test will be if I suffer any gluten poisoning over the weekend).
The back of the box does state that they do cupcakes to cater for gluten intolerances however they ARE made in the same facility as their normal cupcakes just with a second lot of tools (for gluten free only)

My co-worker ordered 13 cupcakes, 7 in chocolate lovers delight and 6 in oh so red velvet. Each cupcake had a swirl of icing and heart sprinkles (these I removed and did not eat due to most people not knowing that they could potentially have gluten in them)



The cupcakes were moist, soft and delicate. I can't judge about whether they were gluten free based on their taste alone as I can't remember the taste of a cupcake. The chocolate lovers delight were fudgy and jam packed with chocolate, while the red velvet cupcake with buttercream frosting were sweet and simple.



As long as I have no glutened side affects, these were perfect gluten free cupcakes. As it was a surprise I have no idea about the price of each but I am sure that if you contacted the store they could give you a quote.

No comments:

Post a Comment