Monday 25 May 2015

Product Review: Dynamite Hot! Chilli with Beans.

Today I posted on my Instagram a photo of my lunch which I had picked up from Woolworths for $3.25. It was the Stagg Chilli “Dynamite Hot” Chilli with beans. I am not a fan of canned lunches, however when I noticed the big yellow exclamation bubble It sparked my curiosity, a quick check of the back to ensure I could in fact eat it and it was in our basket.


The can is 425g and is supposed to contain 2 serves. It claims to be “Ignited by Habanero peppers” which made me more eager to try it out; I definitely enjoy the habanero flavour. Serving the product is simple, you can use a stove top or a microwave. I used the microwave at work and just popped the contents of the can into a bowl and microwaved for 2 minutes on HIGH.

The chilli contained lots of beans and was meaty enough for my standards, with chunks of mince meat in a thick sauce. At first I didn’t seem to taste any heat and I was more than half the way through the bowl before it began to feel hot. Rather than being a sharp sting the chilli had a flavour and the heat built as you ate. The product left a nice tingle in my mouth and on my lips. On the last bite I did notice my nose get a little runny however it was nothing more than a few sniffles. If you were only having the recommended serving size, you probably wouldn’t feel much heat at all. To me it was delicious but just the same as any regular Bolognese that I make at home. On a scale of 1 to 15, where 1 is tomato sauce and 15 is my too hot to handle, I’d place this at a four.

Disappointingly, it was nothing spectacular, however I would purchase again if I needed a quick lunch with just a bit of a chilli hit. It was definitely delicious and the ratio of meat, tomato and beans was decent. The small amount of heat that did hit me lingered for at most ten minutes, with the tingly feeling in my mouth and on my lips lasting for at least five. If you’re like me and a bit of a chilli freak and looking for a nice burn, then it’s probably best to give this one a miss. It will fill you but will not result in sweats, tears or coughing.

The product is not fructose tummy friendly; it contains at least both garlic and onion. The product ingredient list is gluten free and has no cross contamination statement (a bit of a risk on my part in case they do manufacture in the same factory and just don’t list it), for obvious reasons it is neither vegan or vegetarian.
Until next time.
Ashlee. xx 

Don't forget to check us out on Facebook
I post real time photos on there and you can let me know if there are any products you have tried or would like me to try.

1 comment:

  1. Hi thanks so much for your posts on living with coeliacs. Please keep it up!

    ReplyDelete